- WHO WE ARE
- TRAINING & EDUCATION
- UNION MOVEMENT
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- FIND ETHICAL AUSTRALIAN PRODUCTS
Workers want an Australia where our employers and all governments commit to:
• Respect workers’ rights to a strong minimum wage, penalty rates and representation in the work place
• Support the creation of good secure employment where, for example, all workers whether casual, part-time or full time, have rights
• Support Medicare, our free and universal health system. We do not want to Americanise our health care system
• Support high quality, accessible and affordable education for all, not $100,000 degrees and a gutted TAFE system
• Ensure we all have dignity when we retire through superannuation and a pension safety net
• Support our public services and stop privatising our assets
• Support for the least fortunate in our communities
• Ensure everyone pays their fair share of tax, especially corporations and those doing well
We need you there!
Melbourne - 10:00am - Victorian Trades Hall, Cnr Victoria & Lygon Streets, Carlton
Sydney - 12:30pm - Parliament House, Macquarie Street, Sydney
Adelaide - 12:00pm - Light Square, Currie Street, Adelaide
Brisbane - 12:00pm - Parliament House, George Street, Brisbane
Canberra - 12:15pm - New Parliament House, Parliament Drive, Canberra
Perth - 12:30pm - Venue TBC
Start encouraging your friends, family, neighbours and co-workers to join us... because the bigger the crowd, the stronger the message we send. Let’s make it crystal clear to the Coalition Government and their big business supporters: we didn’t vote for these cuts and we won’t sit back while they attack our living standards.
Go to http://www.australianunions.org.au/national_day_of_action to register your participation in the National Day of Action.
TCFUA National Secretary